Your charter on Sydney Harbour includes activities that may involve considerable danger & risk aboard our vessel. We ensure care is taken for your safety on board and in the water, Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises accept no responsibility for injury, damage or losses incurred. By purchasing your cruise or charter you hereby agree to our terms and conditions as detailed.
Genral Conduct & Saftey
- The Skipper & crew need to be obeyed at all times when given safety instructions.
- You need to inform skipper & crew if you are not a confident swimmer.
- When catering is supplied make it very clear to skipper & crew if you have food. Allergies or health conditions which may affect your safety on board and in the water.
- The skipper & crew will advise you when to board & exit vessel when it is safe to do so.
- We suggest you wear suitable footwear, ensure you always use sunscreen and drink substantial water.
- Jumping / diving from the vessel roof of the boat is highly dangerous, and not recommended. You can do so at your own risk.
Terms & Condition Of Service
In consideration of Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) supplying recreational services, including but not limited to boats and/or crew, for the purposes of or in connection with or incidental to, the pursuit of the recreational activity of sailing (“the Recreational Services”) and allowing you to participate in that recreational activity, you agree that you have read the conditions set out below and you agree to be bound by them:
- You engage in the recreational activity at your own risk
- You acknowledge that you have read this document in full, and that you acknowledge that the warning constitutes a risk warning under the Civil Liabilities Act, 2002. You also acknowledge that the risk warning has not been contradicted by any representation made by or on behalf of Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises),
- You will read all signs and follow all directions given Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) or its employees, contractors, representatives or agents; and you will conduct yourself in a controlled manner at all times. .
- You declare to Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) that you are in a fit and healthy state to undertake a recreational adventure activity of this nature and that you have no pre-existing medical condition or injury which would adversely affect your competence on the boat or in the water. .
- To the maximum extent permitted by law Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) excludes all liability to you by Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises), its directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives or agents; for any cause including for negligence and whether or not the loss or damage occurred to person or property. .
- Where that liability cannot be excluded by law Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) limits that liability to you to the maximum extent the law permits. .
- Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) provides “Recreational Services” as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and to the maximum extent permitted by that Act it excludes all liability to you, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising out of any failure by it or its directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives or agents to comply with any consumer guarantees applying to those services. .
- If you are under the age of 18 or under any disability you must be accompanied by a parent or another adult person who is responsible for you during the recreational activity. .
- These conditions together with the risk warning below form the conditions of entry and use of the facilities, equipment and services of Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises).
- The skipper & crew reserves the right to refuse entry of a passenger or require a passenger to disembark the vessel if is deemed to be intoxicated. .
- Staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and alcohol will be refused to any intoxicated passenger. .
- Passengers will not bring any illegal substances on board. .
- Alcohol is only to be consumed by those 18 years of age or older. .
- Offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. .
- Passengers are encouraged to obey alcohol consumption RSA guidelines of no more than 6 standards drinks on any one day. .
- Any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to the organiser’s credit card.
Additional Conditions of Service (Bucks Cruises Only)
- Bucks cruises have to be the first event of the bucks day.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed on board.
- Maximum cruise time is 3 hours
- A $1,000 credit card bond will be held for all bucks cruises; any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to this card.
- The skipper reserves the right to cancel your cruise if our terms & conditions regarding offensive behaviour, use of alcohol and/or illegal substances are not abided by. No refund will be offered.
Booking & Refund Policy
- A deposit of 50% of the total charter fee is required to secure a booking. Until the deposit is paid, a booking cannot be guaranteed.
- The remaining balance of the charter fee must be paid 2-weeks prior to your cruise. If the balance has not been made within 10-days of the scheduled charter date, Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) reserves the right to cancel the cruise with no deposit refunded.
- Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises), will hold a completed & signed credit card authorisation form for the amount $2000 as security bond. Will only be used for damages and breakages caused by passengers and will be charged to this card. We will advised you of any damage. If no damage has occurred the form will disposed of. All dates changes and cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should the weather conditions be deemed to be unsafe, Downplay Pty Ltd (Rum Runner Cruises) is obliged to reschedule the charter, no refund will be offered.
- Should there be any technical / mechanical or safety issues with the vessel, the option to reschedule the charter or a full refund will be offered.
- Any damages or breakages caused by passengers will be charged to their credit card.
- If Rum Runner is not available for any reason on the date of the charter, a replacement vessel may be organised in its place.
- Passenger numbers are limited to 47 people maximum.
Terms & Conditions BYO Food
- All groups must bring a substanial amount of food to fulfil & abide by the RSA.
- The BYO Surcharge covers utensils & serving equipment.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
- The Operator is bound by the NSW Liquor Act & must abide by the guidelines for the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- The Operator must refuse service of alcohol to both intoxicated persons & guests under the age of 18.
- The Operator may refuse service of alcohol to any individual in the Operator’s absolute discretion at any time.
- Intoxicated guests will not be permitted to board.
- The Vessel has the right not to serve shots or doubles under any circumstances.
- Whenever alcohol is served on a Vessel, substantial food must also be provided to satisfy the RSA obligations. Light snacks such as chips and nuts are not considered to be substantial food.
- The Operator has the right to refuse passengers boarding if sufficient food is not provided.
- Swimming is only permitted during daylight hours when the vessel is stationary & in the absolute discretion of the crew.
Recreational activities (including sailing & swimming) involve a significant risk of physical harm or personal injury including permanent disability and/or death to participants. Any such injury or loss may result not only from your actions but from the action, omission or negligence of others. Please read and obey all signs and follow all directions given by the company or its employees, contractors, representatives or agents at all times while aboard our vessel.